Mr. Mike, Balding Art Teacher, in action!

Mr. Mike, Balding Art Teacher, in action!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Art and Physics

Now here's something I'd like to try. The artist in this video, Tim Fort, creates "events" in which he employs the law of conservation of energy. The results appear nothing short of miraculous to the kids when I show them one of these. Would it be possible to work up digitally-recorded art projects like this? I think so, and I think we're going to try to do so this year, perhaps as an end-of-year project, when supplies and materials are being packed up. Or maybe it would be better done if coordinated with a science unit on energy of motion being followed in other classrooms.


3 comments:

  1. This is incredible! I wonder how long it took to set all this up. . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I love the part where the cat pictures flip and "animated" the jumping cat. We have flip cameras if you want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, indeedy. I will be checking with you this fall!

    ReplyDelete